What to pack and DirectionsWhat to pack and Directions https://lormarendurance.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/7w615qnhnfe.jpg 900 392 Lormar Endurance Lormar Endurance https://lormarendurance.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/7w615qnhnfe.jpg
It’s been a busy year with lots of preparation to make sure the 2018 Tour is one to remember! We hope you’re as excited as we are! Herewith a brief list of essentials for the Tour.
- The Nitty-Gritty…
- Arrival: All participants can arrive any time after 12:00 on Friday.
- Registration will take place from 12:00-17:30 at Fairview Farm. (Please see location details below)
- Entry confirmation: Please bring your entry confimation letter. Printed or digital format is acceptable.
- Tent & room allocation: You will receive your tent & room allocation at registration.
- Start Time: All participants will have to be ready at the start line at 18:00.
- Departure: All participants are welcome to stay over the Sunday with an early departure on the Monday.
What to pack?
- Bike Light: Remember to bring a bike light for Stage 1 night ride. We are pleased to announce that we have partnered with Extreme Lights so all participants will get a 10% discount on light purchases. Use this coupon code: LightUpTheKaroo10%OFF
- We provide you with a tent and comfy mattress, remember to bring your pillow and sleeping bag, this is applicable for the upgraded tented accommodation as well. For those that have booked the upgraded accommodation packages, bedding will be provided.
- Warm jacket for the chilly Karoo nights.
- 3 Sets of riding kit: Each participant will receive a complimentary cycling shirt in the goody bag
- 2 Water bottles (min 500ml) or a Camel Back
- Snacks: Don’t get “hangry”, bring some snacks to nibble on.
- Cash: Bring cash for drinks, snacks etc. as there are no ATM’s or card facilities close by. (50km away)
- Personal Medication (If needed)
- Mandatory – Sense of humour
THE 2018 RIDE GUIDE
Here’s your Karoo schedule. Have a look at the routes, weekend activities and all the need-to-knows by downloading the 2018 Ride Guide. – Download here
FAIRVIEW IS SITUATED BETWEEN MIDDELBURG EC & RICHMOND NC
Coming from Colesberg or Graaff-Reinet/Port-Elizabeth: Take off-ramp into Middelburg. Carry on with main road (Meintjies st) towards a traffic light (the only 1 in town!) Turn right (coming from Colesberg or left coming from Graaff-Reinet), head on to a T-junction, turn left and 1st right into Richmond road (R398). Carry on with this road for approximately 48km. The farm Fairview will be on your left.
Coming from Cape Town: Take 1st gravel road just pass Richmond to the right on the R398. Carry on for approximately 65km. Fairview will be on your right.
Gps: S 31 32’31.2” E024 32’47.0”
See you on the start line!
Rian & Charlotte (Urban Goat Event Management )